About Me

My photo
Whilst running round after two bambinos I set up www.kryshees.com making childrens clothes, unique childrens accessories, wonderful nurser adornments and yummy mummy type products. I love things bright and bold and try to bring these into childrens items.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Dress a girl around the world!!

Louise from Sew Scrumptious set up thread on folksy asking if anyone wanted to join her in making pillowcase dresses to send abroad. The details are on her blog here

I joined in as soon as I saw the thread and posted out on my local freecycle for any pillowcases to transform. I met two ladies, Penny and Chrissie, who had a craft morning together and brought over 13 dresses! WOW!!!

I have picked up a number of pillowcases to transform. They are sitting nicely on a pile awaiting my attention! I will get round to them, promise!

I was also donated two lovely skirts to 'do something too', so ta da.. 2 slightly different dresses to add to the pile!















I felt bad chopping these up so decided to shirr(sp) the top sections for an easy dress coupled with ribbon ties.














Two more in a sparkly sequined circle print and details

Thanks to a village friend Clare for those.

I had best get a move on with the others!!!

6 comments:

  1. oooh I LOVE those dresses. They are fab!! Thanks so much. Big thanks to Penny and Chrissie too. Really appreciate all your support. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get them sent off to you next week, would you pm me your address again please. Xx

    Ps if anyone else wants to help get the numbers up too 100 dresses, please get in touch with sewscrumptious x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, I only wish I could sew so I could join in. I'd like to give you the One Lovely Blog Award, the details are on my page. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lovely dresses arrived today. Thanks so much!! Have just emailed you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so lovely!!

    id love to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just under 24 hours ago, I received an update on my fb wall from Oh Sew Lovely telling me here group had made over a 100 dresses. That started a few google searches, one of which brought me here. Sew beautiful to sew so many woman and girls involved in this project around the world and I have found there is a small group in Sydney Aus, so I'm happy. Made my first pillowslip dress a few hours ago.

    ReplyDelete